Posted on Sunday, June 01 2008 by
In 2005 I was in pieces. I was shattered by a relationship break down. The path ahead was no longer clear, and I was full of self-doubt.
It was at this point that I turned inwards, and my journey of spiritual discovery began. What I found was my Inner Essence through self development. It enabled me to recognise the power and strength at the core of my being.
I was able to unlock my hidden potential. Along the way I was assisted by spiritual guides, angels and ascended masters. Shared experiences with friends moulded who I became. Like the caterpillar, after metamorphosis, I emerged a beautiful butterfly.
So how can you discover your Inner Essence? I would like to share with you seven techniques which will help you on your own spiritual journey of enlightenment.
- Revisit painful experiences.
Do you feel angry about a relationship break down? Do you resent the promotion of a work colleague? Are you feeling guilty about the way you treated a family member?
To move on you must resolve unfinished business, whether it is forgiving the other person, or apologising yourself. Use a visualisation exercise, as you lie down or sit in a chair. Play back in your mind the painful experience. Question your motives. Acknowledge what happened.
Once you are able to let go of this baggage you will feel lighter, and at peace. You will experience disconnection, compassion and unconditional love. Immediately you will feel happier.
- Discover the Inner Child.
Seeking the child within can unlock powerful secrets, which, subconsciously, have prevented you from moving forward in your adult life. When you address childhood experiences or painful memories, you begin to understand why you feel a certain way. You are ready to adopt more nurturing and positive belief systems.
You only need to meditate for five to ten minutes every day to feel the benefits. It’s a unique way of connecting to your inner core. You become deeply relaxed and centred. It is a way of balancing your mind, body and soul. You connect to your Inner Essence, and emerge feeling alert and re-energised.
- Write in a journal.
This was a fundamental part of my personal transformation. The key to successful journal writing is to be in the moment. Release the unconscious mind, where memories and experiences are stored. Ask questions, and the unconscious mind will provide answers. At first these jottings may appear to ramble. Trust the process! Persist. All the answers you seek lie within.
- Experience Self-Healing.
Have you heard the expression “Who is driving the bus?”
“You are, my friend. You are”.
You have the strength and power to be in charge of your own destiny. You can be the master of your thoughts, your behaviour and your belief system. Take responsibility for your own actions.
- What we filter in our minds comes from time/space matter/energy, our language, memories, decisions, values, beliefs and our attitudes.
- We delete, distort and generalise what we like and don’t like.
- An external event, thought or memory may trigger something inside or outside us.
- We then form an Internal Representation which combines our feelings, what we tell ourselves, what we hear, what we see, what we taste and smell.
- This becomes a State - a State of happiness, sadness, motivation or empowerment, creating our Physiology – how your entire body reacts – it’s your body language – it’s how you compose yourself and so forth.
- The relationship between our Internal Representation and Physiology ends up being the State.
- Explore the use of Crystals.
What are crystals? Crystals work through vibration and colour, releasing and dissolving “dis-ease” holistically. Examples of “dis-ease” are a damaged immune system, shock, stress or tension, negative attitudes or emotions, emotional exhaustion, anxiety or fear.
Crystals act on the body mind, psyche and spirit to restore, align and rectify underlying causes of a condition. They work with subtle electromagnetic energies to realign the aura surrounding the physical body and balance the chakras which are the energy centres linking the two together.
You become energised and uplifted. You feel positive, and are protected from negative and harmful energies.
- Practise Chakra Healing.
Chakra is a Sanskrit word meaning ‘wheel of life’. There are seven energy centres of the etheric body appearing as wheel-like vortices known as lotuses.
- Crown – vibrates to the colour white, located at the top of the head.
- Third Eye – vibrates to the colour indigo, located between the eyebrows.
- Throat – vibrates to the colour blue, located at the base of the throat.
- Heart - vibrates to the colour green, located at the centre of the chest.
- Solar Plexus - vibrates to the colour yellow, located at the mouth of the stomach.
- Sacral – vibrates to the colour orange, located at the pelvis.
- Base - vibrates to the colour red, located at the base of the spine.
Each chakra has its own purpose, association and connection. When the chakras are blocked they are not able to spin at the correct level and do not radiate the right amount of energy in your body. In this state there is an imbalance of mind-body and soul.
“By utilising the techniques and methods above, like a phoenix, I was able to rise from the ashes of my destruction, and begin the spiritual journey of self-awareness. I learned to accept who I was, to love myself, stop blaming, let go of doubt, take responsibility and create the life I have today!
The future is bright for you too! It is important to believe in yourself, to have the desire in wanting to change any circumstances in your life that is significant to you. Many find this difficult and a challenge to practise in their everyday life, because they are constantly fighting against the current, locked in judgement, criticism, expectations, been in their comfort zone and fear. This can prevent you from being able to reach within, trust yourself and listen to your higher wisdom.
It is important to understand that you have choices in life and at any given time our choices can change by the power of thought and intention, both in a positive and negative way. “OUR choices create our destiny”.
“Taking responsibility of your life is the key in creating a miraculous change”